03 December 2008

Day 27: Triacastela- Samos (10 km)

Hola! Sorry for the long delay! We have been without internet for a few days. Dan called us today to make sure we hadn´t been swallowed up by any snow.

I´m going to start where I left off, so I´ll try not to get ahead of myself.

So this is Sun the 30th. We started out in some snow, but by Samos it had cleared and we were quite happy to be walking just in rain.

The trail was very green and lush. Galicia feels a lot like Ireland (it does have a lot of Celtic influence) with lots of trees and so far a lot of rain. Also more stone walls and sheep.

We stopped early because Justin started feeling fluey and had to lie down. He had a little fever, but it went away with some tylenol.

The only alburgue in Samos was pretty basic so we got a hostel for 27 euros with a private bathroom. Not too shabby.

We didn´t do much the rest of the day especially since everything was closed and we didn´t have a kitchen. I went on a nice walk along the river in town and saw either a stork or a heron who thought I was folllowing him.

We went for our second real dinner out in the evening and got some homemade chorizo as well as some croquettas which I love. They are a mix between mozzerella sticks, french fries, and something else. Here´s some info on them.

And now for Lunes . . .

No comments: